Monday, October 15, 2007

The Night of Vomiting Hell

Last night began as most of our nights do. Marquesa and I ran around getting all the kids ready for bed after we had celebrated my dad's birthday at his house. We got home a little later than usual, but got Kayla ready for bed and then got the kids tucked in.

Marquesa, being the incredible person she is, sent me to bed around 8:30 pm so I could catch up on a little sleep. This would have been incredible if the night had been a normal one. However, when Quesa finished the midnight IV drugs for Charlie, she came to bed thinking everything would go as usual. Exactly 15 minutes later was when the night really began.

Vomitting followed by screaming quicly awoke us out of our sleep. Marquesa ran into the other room to find Charlie soaked in vomit. He cried unceasingly for the next 20 minutes while Marquesa changed him and tried to comfort him.



This would have been bad enough, but 1:30am rolled around, and the whole process was repeated. This happened again at 2:30 am, 3:30 am, 4:30am, 5:30 am, and then Charlie finally slept until 7:15 am.

I consider myself very fortunate for having an incredible wife as a mother to my children. I am also happy that I got about 5 hours of interspersed sleep, which is probably about double what Marquesa got.

No comments:

Post a Comment